Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Minnesota warms up, a bit. Then. There.

(FYI: B's first try at this blogging thing, hopefully I can spell pretty good.) The poor grammar in that preface goes out to public education and my blog mentor who's looking over my shoulder.

Anyway...it did warm up last weekend and it's all the rage in Minnesota small talk. So it's not quite this nice:

But it's this nice:

That's me washing a big window. See the backup paper towel? That way when I fall off of the bar stool that I'm standing on I can use my one good arm to wipe the blood away from my eyes to see the clean windows in all of their glory. OSHA doesn't apply at City Cabin. I get all of the fun jobs.

With warmer weather and being American one also acquires a sudden drive to go out and consume. Luckily for us, there are a number of used/vintage stores withing a five mile radius of our home (think the flea market in Battle Lake, minus the campers) and you get to consume some relatively fun, previously-used stuff. For example, tired of looking at your washing machine? Get a couple of these:

and one can be mesmerized by the bamboo weaving instead.
Which also complements my favorite piece of string art in the room:



Our screened-in porch was essentially unused during the inaugural summer. Maybe it was because it looked like this most of the time:

Thanks to a weekend visit to Swank and a couple of days of deliberation with the realization that 99% of patio furniture is unbelievably ugly and expensive, our catio (termed by my blog mentor) became this today:
The three chairs, table and love seat all fit into a Dodge Neon. What a machine! Further props to my sponsor in catio design, Newcastle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been busy. Like what we see. Soon to be featured in a St. Paul tour of gardens?